Pages

Monday, February 17, 2014

Each beginning starts with the first step...


Welcome to my blog. If you are reading this, there is a very good chance that you share my desire to search for quality, Christian-based resources and ministries that are focused on enhancing the quality of our personal lives, families and church communities. That, or perhaps you are simply appeasing someone who asked you to check this website outJ.  Either way, here we are, together in the inaugural launch of this website’s blogging history. First off, I offer you a genuine “thank you”, not just for confirming that there is a need for reaching out to other Christians in a very personal and authentic way, but I offer a sincere “thank you” for being the person who chooses to invest in their spiritual lives and relationships.

As you may have already seen from my corresponding website, www.christiancounselingjustinbangert.com , professionally I am a licensed Christian marriage and family therapist serving the greater Madison, Wisconsin community.  I have several areas of credentialing in sexual addictions, internet and video game addictions, parenting programs such as Love and Logic, as well as a generalized Christian background in topics such as grief, loss, anger, forgiveness and overcoming spiritual barriers or relationship wounds that may exist in our lives.

Personally, I have been married to my wife for eight years, we have been blessed with three children, an older daughter and a set of twin boys, and we reside in the greater Madison area near our church community.

 So therein lies the answer to the reason for this blog. I intend to create an online safe place where I can bring attention to the importance of everyday life issues that perhaps get overlooked or are “unvoiced” in the busyness of life that we all live. My inspiration for each topic will be from the very real experiences you and I share in life as spouses, or as parents, or as fellow Christians who at times likely struggle in an imperfect world. I hope to offer both a personal perspective as well as a base of professional knowledge, but more importantly, I pray that you will engage with me to create a genuine dialogue and discussion amongst others in our church communities who may have come across similar scenarios and who likely have been shaped by their experiences.

Finally, I hope to incorporate each topic we discuss back into a larger body of Christian resources that are available to any who are “seeking and looking to find”. As with my corresponding website, I plan to have specific follow up articles to recommend, and likewise I am open to any suggestions or recommendations you might have for other fellow readers to consider.

In closing, I again thank you. Whether it is because you obliged the request of someone who asked you to read this, or more likely because you have seen the intention I have of this blog to be something of value to you and your church community. I greatly look forward to sharing, learning, and creating fellowship with you. 

 

Justin


No comments:

Post a Comment